Diving on a single breath can be considered the purest and most natural way of exploring the underwater world. Freediving, or apnea diving, increases self- and body awareness, while at the same time taking you closer to a world that most people have never seen. If you are looking for adventure, fun and a challenge come and take the plunge with us.
This is probably the most challenging and rewarding freediving course. For those who are already confident in the open water this course is your starting point. The course builds a foundation of good technique and safety so that you can buddy with other PADI Freediver. This course consists of one theory session, one pool session and three open water sessions.
When you pass all the course requirements, including a 25 question multiple-choice exam, you will receive a beautiful (digital) certificate. The freediving certificate. You are now a freediver!
You have acquired the skills to freedive safely and comfortable dive to depths up to 20 metres. An entire new world has opened before you – an amazing underwater and lifestyle world!
PADI Freediver course takes 2 days
- Embark on a journey of exploration and freedom with PADI Freediver.
- Experience the unparalleled comfort as you effortlessly dive to depths of up to 15 meters.
- Discover a whole new world beneath the surface, where vibrant marine life and breathtaking landscapes await.
- Immerse yourself in the captivating underwater realm and embrace the exhilarating lifestyle that comes with being a PADI Freediver.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
What is included :
High-quality equipment including a dive computer, all drinks and food aboard the boat, pick-up, and a fully certified PADI instructor teaching you.
The student-to-instructor ratio is 3:1 maximum. A usually small group of 1-2 people.
The above price includes taxes, snorkeling fee, rental of freediving gear, use of the facility, study materials, and certification fees.
What you will learn during your beginner freediving course!
The course will last a minimum of 2 days – usually, we run the beginner freediving courses in 2-3 days, but we can be flexible and add additional coaching sessions when needed. Each beginner course has at least 1 pool session and at least 2. But there is more than these in-water sessions. Knowledge is power, and once you know what happens when you hold your breath when you learn how to swim or fin efficiently, how to save oxygen, magical things happen.
- How to hold your breath longer
- Finning Technique
- Buddy System and Rescues
- Diving down efficiently
- Body Position While Diving
- The Dangers of Freediving
- Freediving Gear
- How we Deal with Pressure
- The Different Freediving Techniques
- Body Stretching for Freedivers
- Freediving Physiology
You learn freediving in the pool and ocean, but the knowledge is learned in the classroom – and you will learn a lot!
- Minimum 12 years old (with parent or guardian consent) and be able to swim.
- Be able to swim a distance of 200 meters without any swim or buoyancy aids.
Come and join in the adventure of freediving and learn from us. Benefit from Vietnam Active team’s experience and enjoy learning in one of the best facilities. Freediving is the best way to reconnect with nature and relive the joy of weightlessness. The discovery of the “Art of not breathing” based on a coherent set of theoretical learning, dry practices and immersion.
Freediving is a great school of letting go, because the performance, however modest it may be, is achieved in the simultaneous relaxation of body and mind.
Vietnam Active is located Nha Trang city and Phu Quoc Island in Vietnam.
Anyone can to do this with the right education program and environment. Contacts us if you have any questions!